Associated with the fashion industry for the past 14 years, Verma began her career freelancing in London and then choosing Goa as her base, earned a label with her dignified clothing that speaks of the essence of woman. Known for designing contemporary women wear, evening wear, red carpet wear and party wear, Verma claims, “Bridal is my forte,” and each of her outfits display an international taste but has an Indian soul, as deep within, I am proud of my Goan culture and wish to elevate it to the international platform. I want to prove that Goa is beyond parties and beaches – it is different than what people of the world think.”
Indian mythology has played an important role on vestments and Verma wishes to depict this in one of her shows. Indian fashion is increasingly appreciated by the global audience and designer clothing is one of India’s great creative success stories. Goa’s green landscape, silvery beaches and culture has been inspiring Verma’s creative imagination to make authentic traditional wear, giving her a mixed clientele. “Modesty is my key word and among my clients, 60 per cent are Goans; out of whom 10 per cent hail from Hindu and Muslim families. The remaining 40 per cent can be equally divided into Indians and NRIs,” says Verma whose bridal dress bookings till December 2015 are open.
Currently working from Margao and Panjim with her two sets of teams (28 in Margao, 6 in Panjim), she recalls that it was her passion that compelled her to join fashion industry leaving her Law studies midway, this graduate in English literature completed 16 modules course in Academy of fine Arts in London and after freelancing for a year there, returned to Goa. There has been no looking back since then.
Defining that life is a beautiful gift of God which comes in mixed packages with solutions as tags, Verma loves to solve the puzzles of life and live every moment to its fullest. “Happiness lies in giving so make others happy. Positive habits give good results, so be positive but never adopt short cuts or make undue compromises with your soul,” she advises the interns who wish to make a promising mark in the glamorous world of fashion. Involved in philanthropic activities like holding shows for a cause, is what she keeps doing to please her heart.
- B.A. lit. (Eng) During 2nd year LLB routed out for fashion designing at the REGENT ACADEMY OF FINEARTS (LONDON).
- Course in millenaries (Brussells)
- Special course in art of drapping. (Bridals)
- Miss Goa Herald: Evening finale gowns for contestants.
- Grand Fashion show (Margao) with Mona Singh(Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi Fame) in the year 2003.
- L’affair Extraordinary show at Riviera in the year 2003.
- Designed miss India Femina Contestant Casual Wear in the year 2006.
- Fusion Wear show at Kala Academy Organised by Viz Craft in the year 2006.
- Designed Miss India Femina Cocktail Outfit in the year 2007.
- Gladrags contestant cocktail outfit.
- Celestail wedding at Ci-da-de Goa in the year 2008.
- Designed Miss India International National costume in the year 2009.
- Khadi goes global sponsored by Goa Government in the year 2009.
- Kids Fashion Show for ESG Entertainment government of Goa in the year 2011.
- Salaam Goemkar fashion Show on traditional Goan community in the year 2011.
- Saluting Fatorda Heroes fashion Show on Goan Heritage with Celina Jaitley.
- Bridal show Goa 2012 at Park Hyatt.
- Kingfisher Ultra Kochi International Fashion Week Bridal Edition 2012
- Other cities in India include Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Bangalore and Indore apart from her home state, Goa.