Taaha Shah is an Indian actor and former model working in the Hindi film industry. Born into a Muslim family, in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of United Arab Emirates, Taaha's education involved quite a bit of worldwide travel. His education began at the Sherwood Academy in Abu Dhabi where he studied till the 4th grade. He then shifted to Kodaikanal International School, a boarding school in Tamil Nadu, India, where he continued his education for the next 3 years. Feeling home sick, he returned to UAE and later shifted to Sharjah with his family, where he finished his schooling at International School of Choueifat and Sharjah American International School. Taaha joined the American University of Sharjah only for a semester and dropped out of his Bachelor of Business Administration course, as he was not willing to do so. Since 2006, Taaha worked in several businesses of human resource management, construction, real estate, building materials, import/export and as a hobby did a few modeling assignments for the next three years. He started modeling at the age of 16 for brands such as Honda, Bacardi, Emirates Bank, Bank of Oman, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Omantel and others. Taaha Shah was also reported to be a successful entrepreneur with his own steel import firm. He turned to acting after an economic downturn struck him.
He later made a trip to Toronto, Canada, to visit his brother for New Year's Eve in 2009, where he finalised to aim his career at acting. Then, he took admission to the New York Film Academy (NYFA) in Abu Dhabi. Taaha had also learnt acting during his school life in Abu Dhabi. After completing six months at NYFA, he was about to leave for Los Angeles to complete the remainder of his course, when his father suddenly thought that Taaha should make a move to Mumbai first. His mother too agreed to this and two weeks later (in September 2009) Taaha came to Mumbai for a two-day visit with his family and incidentally, they remained over there. In Mumbai he had to spend countless hours practicing dancing and martial arts. Nine months later, Taaha was signed for his debut film, Luv Ka The End of Y-Films. He was seen for a second time in the 2013 movie Gippi by Dharma Productions, which released on May 10, 2013. Currently, Taaha is shooting for his next film titled Tina and Lolo which is slotted to be an out and out Action Thriller and stars Sunny Leone amongst others. He also is shooting as the main lead besides Pakistani Actess Sara Loren for bollywood’s soon to be released “Barkha”
Taaha Shah says that most of his free time is spent networking, which is particularly vital since he hardly knew a soul when he arrived in Mumbai. He also practices martial arts and acrobatics in gyms. He is even habituated in reading Hindi books and going to Lumosity for online brain training. He attends several different kinds of classes including singing, acting, etc. He is also in cultivation with musical instruments, namely the guitar. He does weaponry on the beach and has also received certificates in paragliding and scuba diving.
What Industry Veterans have to say about Taaha
* Film director Karan Johar, who was also the producer for Gippi, said, "Taaha has a strong screen presence that combines machismo and vulnerability. I am sure he will have a great innings at the movies."
* Producer Ramesh S. Taurani said, "With two back-to-back good performances, Taaha has the potential to be someone who is here to stay. Right choices of films will ensure a strong foothold for him in the industry. I wish him best of luck and loads of success."
* Film director Rensil D'Silva said, "Taaha has the right mix of vulnerability and intensity to straddle many genres, be it a romcom, an intense drama or a thriller. And to top it all, he's a good actor. That's an enviable mix."
* Film director Satish Kaushik said, "I've auditioned Taaha and he comes across as a fiery and gutsy individual. He is the right mix of what young Bollywood actors should be."
* Film director Nikhil Advani said, "Taaha is one of the few new talents showing that acting is about versatility. With his second film Gippi, he's chosen the right path."
“Barkha” (scheduled for release this year 2014). Produced by Zahara Productions
“Tina and Lolo” with Sunny Leone. Produced by Jayantilal Gada(Pen)Alumbra Entertainment & Media Pvt Ltd Maximus Multimedia
May 10th – Arjun in “Gippi” produced by Dharma Productions
May 6th – Luv Nanda in “ Luv Ka The End” with Shraddha Kapoor . Produced by Y Films